Friday 23 February 2007

The Fish Supper





All voluntary organisations need staunch supporters. These are the folk that dig deep into their pockets to fill our collecting cans, folk who come to our dinners and cheer us on and folk who work their little socks off to see us right. Every one of them is important to us. Every one of them, we hope, knows how much we value them.

However, as I was going home on Tuesday evening after a particularly long day full of little highs and many disappointments in terms of our progress towards good programming for our listeners, I was feeling more than a little down. I was also hungry and cold. It seemed reasonable, in the face of all this adversity, that I should seek sustenance and warmth. Where better, then, than our local chippie. Well he isn't local either to the radio station or to my home but I would drive a long way to eat fish and chips cooked by this man.


When I got to Roberto's in Broomfield Street, Airdrie, he enquired after the welfare of the radio station, as he often does, chatted and then said the magic words, 'This one's on the house.'

Ah! Bliss! Roberto, you are a lifesaver and a true gentleman. What's more you make the best fish and chips anywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

best chippy in town.

Roberto is a lovely man.

Denice

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy, have to try one.
John

Anonymous said...

Great fish suppers and a really nice guy! I eat there all the time.

Anonymous said...

How did you get one for nothing? - the rest of us have to pay - but they are the best chips in Airdrie